Wednesday 27 July 2011

Long time no post

Feels like I haven't posted for ages on here been so busy!

Away last weekend so Chester went to stay with his Vizsla pals. He was so worn out when he got home he went straight to bed and has been sleeping pretty much ever since.

We're entered into the HVS Working Test this Sunday and although I'm not nervous this time I am concerned we've slipped back a bit.

I've gone cold turkey on all tennis balls in the hope to pick up some interest in the retrieves again. There seems to be no problem when there's a hunt involved but a straight retrieve doesn't always deliver the result I wanted. Not brilliant! However I think I need to find somewhere else to train rather than our rabbit scented woods/fields as it's too much of a distraction at the moment.

Got a 1:1 session tonight to get things back in order. Would like to concentrate on some of the basics and run a few dummy tests we might come across on Sunday.

In the meantime I've been lent the Hunt, Point, Retrieve Dogs for Work and Showing by N Dear which looks excellent. Think I'll pick up some tips :)

No comments:

Post a Comment