Thursday 23 June 2011

'Back' Command

Did a little bit on the back command yesterday in the 1:1 so thought I'd try it myself today.

When Chester was ahead of me I put in a stop whistle and then walked past him and threw the dummy fairly far ahead. Walked back, past him again and then commanded him 'back'.

He went ... excellent!

Did a classic Chester drop on the delivery but picked it back up and delivered to hand. It's always a bit tricky to film and get that solid delivery.


I then set up the same scenario but didn't place a dummy - just rubbed my hand over the ground. Same as before he went back on command but then I tried to put in a stop whistle when he got to where I wanted but he ignored it, instead searching around for a dummy I guess. I'll sort of let him off this once as I'm using a different whistle until my new one turns up and his stop hasn't been it's usual 100%. I still think we'll have to work on this bit though.

No comments:

Post a Comment