Wednesday 29 June 2011

Eeek we're entering!

Entry form submitted - Chester and I are officially entering our first working test on Sunday.

You would think it was the Olympics the way I have been planning what to do until Sunday! not too much in case we over do it, just enough to really brush up on the areas we're not so good at :)

Heelwork - assuming he'll be off lead throughout the whole test I need to make sure this is spot on. No excuses for creeping forward.

Attention on me - think I'll go back a few steps with this one. Walking round the field with him always behind me again. He has to keep looking at me to see where I am heading. Chester's pretty good at not straying too far but this exercise means he's constantly got one eye on me, waiting for our next move. Could be useful in a test :)

Stop whistle - I'll up the reward on this for a few days so he's getting something more times than not when he stops. Need to keep putting it in place when he's busy sniffing around.

Retrieve - lots of exciting retrieves and holds in the house with just a few outside to keep his interest up. My main concern is him dropping the dummy (positive thinking - this WON'T happen!) I'll do a few bits of direction work too but I don't think we'll be asked to do this.

Hunting - will just make sure my cue is really clear and for the next few days he always finds something when he's hunted well.

Water - again, might not be asked to do this. There's never any trouble getting into the water and retrieving, it's just the drop when he comes out.

Moaning - I know this is going to be a problem. Chester is soooooooooo moany. I'm slightly concerned he just won't be quiet when we're sat there waiting. He's so impatient! The slightest hint of a moan over the next few days and it's a spray with water or the pet corrector. I can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment