Monday 20 June 2011

Chester's starving day

We feed Chester on a BARF diet which he's been on since weaning. He's done well and pretty much eats anything but lately I've noticed he's not so bothered about food and sometimes won't eat a lot in a day.

I read somewhere that some BARF feeders starve their dogs for a day as they would in the wild. It has to be the same day each week (how can dogs tell this?!) so thought we'd give it a go to see if it kicked him into a more regular eating pattern. There's no way my dog is becoming a fussy eater!

Yesterday he exercised and ate loads so a Monday is a perfect day. So far, don't think he's very impressed as he looked longingly at me peeling carrots for the dinner and put in a few moans whilst settling down to sleep this morning. I'll make sure I'm not giving him too much exercise today and tomorrow we'll go back into normal feeding.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment