Wednesday 15 June 2011

Progress update

Totally forgot I took a few videos last week to try and track our progress. I always find it a bit hard filming and communicating with Chester in the same way. I think he gets a bit confused sometimes.

We jumped a step ahead in this video as I tried to get Chester to move back on a retrieve. We don't have a command for this so I was using my normal 'away' which is my send off. Clearly he wasn't too sure on the first go! I won't push this exercise until we've build up our seen retrieves.


I know Chester's stopping is really good but I'd like to pick up the time he is asked to wait until the next command so he's sitting steady. I'm not sure one paw in the air counts as steady but we'll work on that!


After all of this we had a bit of a blip where I bent down to pick up a ball and Chester's head hit mine. Result .... massive nose bleed and a trip to A&E! Luckily it wasn't broken, just badly bruised.

No comments:

Post a Comment